Request for Proposals
BlakTina 2 Festival
September 4th, 5th & 6th, 2014
Latina Dance Theater Project and Bootleg Theater
Application Due Date: July 7th, 2014
Submit both items below to: BlakTina 2 Festival c/o Latina Dance Theater Project at either: firstname.lastname@example.org OR 2159 Lyric Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90027
- $20 application fee – can be paid through PayPal via the donate button on this blog (above right) or check mailed to address listed above.
2. Submission Application can be downloaded below.
Festival Participants Announced: July 18th, 2014
FESTIVAL DATES: September 4th, 5th & 6th, 2014 at Bootleg Theater
Licia Perea and The Latina Dance Theater Project seeks applicants from Latina (o) and Black contemporary choreographers based in the Los Angeles vicinity, drawing from a full range of styles and culturally based approaches that represent contemporary Black and Latina (o) dance theater. This exciting festival will feature 6 – 7 choreographers of color. LDTP is excited to be partnering again with the Bootleg for our second presentation of this hugely successful festival of cutting edge work!
- Choreographers who have produced and presented their own choreography in a non-student context.
- Applicants are a resident of Los Angeles vicinity, have lived here for at least one year and have produced choreographic work in LA.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older
- Full-time students are not eligible
- Presentation – Artists are expected to present an original work no more than 12 minutes.
Selected artists will receive the following:
- $200 honorarium
- Marketing/PR will be provided by LDTP and Bootleg.
- Tech Production support will be provided including a basic lighting design, overall technical direction, and light and sound operators. No large scenery can be accepted.
Selection process: Up to seven choreographers/choreographic collaborations will be selected for the BlakTina 2 Festival. A panel will lead the selection process which will include members of LDTP, Bootleg’s Artistic Director and community artists. The panel will make decisions based on quality and innovation of the artist’s work and interest in the Festival. The panel seeks a spectrum of dance styles and aesthetics, with particular interest in contemporary and innovative approaches. However, the intent of the panel will be to select applicants of high artistry and interest, rather than make a distribution for the sake of balance. LDTP is a collaborative ensemble of multidisciplinary artists who explore through performances–physical, musical, and visual–controversial issues impacting the global community. LDTP’s partner, Bootleg is a 1930’s warehouse and a home for Los Angeles artists who work in theater, music, dance, and film. Bootleg presents and produces work that is surprising, unexpected, exciting and reflective of life in Los Angeles, a city where the boundaries are elastic, and not bound by tradition.
** Deadline for Applications is July 7th 2014**
**Festival participants will be notified no later than July 18th, 2014**