The BlakTina 2 Festival is a movement festival of cutting-edge work presented by Licia Perea of the Latina Dance Theater Project (LDTP) and the Bootleg Theater. This is our second year featuring Latina (o) and Black choreographers in one festival based in the greater Los Angeles area, and we will highlight the works of 10 contemporary choreographers.
SAVE THE DATES: September 4th, 5th & 6th, 2014 at Bootleg Theater
This year’s choreographers are: Cyrian Reed, Crystal Sepúlveda, Dorcas Roman, Joshua Romero, Marina Magalhães & Allison Gray, Maura Townsend, Michelle Funderburk, Rande Dorn and Sofia Carreras!
Licia Perea of LDTP and Alicia Adams of Bootleg Theater are committed to producing boundary-defying performances born of the diverse cultural and artistic landscape of L.A. Their three-fold plan is to give emerging and mid-career choreographers opportunities to present their work, to create a community and to expand all of our collective audiences.
Want to help produce this one-of-a-kind festival in the L.A. area? Help match DCA funds to pay participating choreographers, visit;
HELP US MAKE HISTORY!
Tickets available at www.bootlegtheater.org
Support the Latina Dance Theater Project
- fb.me/5Sz7WsAv4 2 months ago
- I'm now sharing on Youtube a video of the premiere production of The Latina Dance Theater project's SLUMBER OF... fb.me/3lplMEH1w 2 months ago
- Please support fellow LDP member Eva Tessler and Jose Garcia Davis new video project! Dance heals!!! fb.me/1wNiycJIv 2 months ago
- Latina Dance Project's Co-directors, Eva Tessler and Jose Garcia Davis have a new video project "Dancing with... fb.me/JkyTxrJT 3 months ago
- Latina Dance Project co-directors, Eva Tessler and Jose Garcia Davis have a new video project - Dancing with... fb.me/5HndzWGGS 3 months ago