The BlakTina 2 Festival is a movement festival of cutting-edge work presented by Licia Perea of the Latina Dance Theater Project (LDTP) and the Bootleg Theater. This is our second year featuring Latina (o) and Black choreographers in one festival based in the greater Los Angeles area, and we will highlight the works of 10 contemporary choreographers.
SAVE THE DATES: September 4th, 5th & 6th, 2014 at Bootleg Theater
This year’s choreographers are: Cyrian Reed, Crystal Sepúlveda, Dorcas Roman, Joshua Romero, Marina Magalhães & Allison Gray, Maura Townsend, Michelle Funderburk, Rande Dorn and Sofia Carreras!
Licia Perea of LDTP and Alicia Adams of Bootleg Theater are committed to producing boundary-defying performances born of the diverse cultural and artistic landscape of L.A. Their three-fold plan is to give emerging and mid-career choreographers opportunities to present their work, to create a community and to expand all of our collective audiences.
Want to help produce this one-of-a-kind festival in the L.A. area? Help match DCA funds to pay participating choreographers, visit;
HELP US MAKE HISTORY!
Tickets available at www.bootlegtheater.org
Support the Latina Dance Theater Project
- I know I'm preaching to the choir. I want to go a step further: no borders! facebook.com/story.php?stor… 5 months ago
- Happy New Year facebook.com/story.php?stor… 5 months ago
- Dancing With Parkinson's (Eppur Si Muove)-HD 1080p fb.me/2rrdx4Fp8 1 year ago
- Just keep on dancing EVA!!! It's the best medicine! fb.me/udzDL2s0 1 year ago
- Images of "Book of Esther: Migrant Revelations, which premiered at the College at Brockport DANSCORE Faculty... fb.me/8mo2Fxzns 2 years ago